The Knitting Club Search

Saturday 18 March 2017

Blended Baby Blanket

Below is a baby blanket I knit for my second niece, Constance (I'm getting a third one soon!). I tried out a blend of cotton and merino wool to get both softness and warmth. The results were interesting as the colours I selected here were a perfect blend, however going forward I will probably try to blend colours that more closely match. I used a wheat colour in a worsted weight cotton, and a mint green sport weight baby merino wool blend. The heavier weighted yarn is definitely at the dominant colour, but the hint of mint green adds a nice touch. I'll be posting some other blending experiments in the near future.

The pattern I used was an interrupted rib 3X3.

CO in a multiple of three

Row 1: Knit all stitches
Row 2: *Purl 3, Knit 3* repeat from *to* until the end of the row

Continue with rows 1 and 2

No comments:

Post a Comment