Wednesday, 16 November 2016
It has been some time since I posted, but things have been busy and I have been working on large projects this past year.
This sweater was a modified version of this pattern I found on ravelry:
I created it for my brother-in-law, Dan! It was an enjoyable project and opened up my mindset to knitting sweaters.
Using a bulkier yarn than required I modified the pattern to fit the gauge and to attempt a more custom fit, I casted on 151- my gauge was 14stitches=10cm (horizontal) and 18stitches=10cm (vertical)
5mm circular needles- for a sweater (I bought some cool cubic ones which were a dream to knit with)
Bernat Chunky Yarn- 5 large balls in the blue (http://www.yarnspirations.com/yarn/bernat-chunky-1.html)
Bernat Chunky Yarn- 1 small ball in the multi-colour (http://www.yarnspirations.com/yarn/softee-chunky.html)
Lightning Add On:
I used a pixel creator to add the lightening to the back of the sweater.
For the collar and lapel its important to pick up every stitch when beginning. I don't think I did this properly and had a very bunchy collar and lapel. The fix was some serious wet blocking.
Thanks to Alexandra(my sister) and Dan (my bro-in-law) for the photos!