The Knitting Club Search

Saturday 19 September 2015

Pillow Talk

I really wanted a nice pillow to complement my couch and the first two I created weren't quite what I was looking for. But now I think I go it. Who says you can't have shades of grey on your couch- I can't help it if it is my favourite colour.

There are four pillows on my couch right now and I made 3 out of the four. The small one you see in front was knitted and the two floral pillows were sewn by me with invisible zippers. I learned how to use a sewing machine this past summer. 

I created the knitted pillow with cotton on a size 5mm needle. The cotton yarn created that dotted texture. 

Pattern:
CO will depend on the size of your pillow- I created a gauge of 5 stitches per inch.
I knitted stockinette stitch until I could wrap my fabric around the pillow and then I casted off.
Next, I mattress stitched the sides and bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment